Respected retail Coach and the Perth Amboy BID presented five steps for turning around small companies to more effectively serve and sell to their clients.
PERTH AMBOY, NEW JERSEY , UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, November 29, 2018 /EINPresswire.com/ — The Perth Amboy Business Improvement District (BID) is helping local merchants Think Big as they prepare for the holiday shopping season. The BID recently recruited a retail sales coach who provided five steps that local companies can use to turn their business around and be ready to welcome seasonal shoppers.
The City of Perth Amboy, its BID and Mayor Wilda Diaz are also inviting more residents and visitors to make their at holiday purchases at local retailers. When consumers buy at stores, personal care salons and businesses in the downtown shopping district, they are helping to grow the city’s economy.
Mayor Diaz said, “Local businesses play a key role by providing employment, serving our residents and making our community a more vibrant place to visit and enjoy. So, we invite you to shop, dine and explore in Perth Amboy during the holiday season and all-year-long.”
The BID’s program featured Rocky Romeo, a retail sales coaching specialist who discussed his Think Big and Shop Small ideas. Here are his recommendations:
• Keep the business presentable at all times – Walk through a store or business office before closing for the evening. And when opening up in the morning, make sure everything is neat, in good working order and your merchandise is creatively displayed.
• Give customers a definite reason for coming to a store or business – Take time to provide a positive shopping experience by welcoming clients, providing incentives to purchase multiple items, and keeping a database of shoppers to invite them back for in-store specials after the holidays.
• Follow a proven formula of asking a few simple questions of oneself each day – Try the following: “How do I get more people to visit my store or company? When customers come, how do I get them to make a purchase and come back to shop again? The answers will come if you pose the questions often.”
• Know that product knowledge is totally different from sales knowledge – Sell products by simply asking the right questions to help customers solve a problem and make informed buying decisions.
• Take advantage of every seasonal holiday – Give customers a seasonal reason to purchase products or services from the store or company.
Mr. Romeo believes that small business owners need to develop the ability to turn adversity into an opportunity. He said, “Companies need to look at negative situations and turn them into positives. Successful business people are always solving problems and overcoming obstacles with creative thinking.”
About the Perth Amboy Business Improvement District (BID)
Perth Amboy’s BID serves local businesses, property owners, the community and visitors by scheduling and presenting a year-long program of special events. The programs include business seminars, façade grants, skill-building classes for local employees, and such events as the Taste of Perth Amboy, fireworks to celebrate Independence Day, Xtreme Jeep Show and Selfies with Santa. The BID’s office is located in City Hall at 260 High Street. For more details about programs and activities, contact BID Executive Manager Junel Hutchinson at 732-442-6421 or by email at email@example.com.
Source: EIN Presswire